Tuesday, May 13, 2008

China's Earthquake


I have been saddened by the events that have unfolded in the aftermath of the earthquakes that hit China several days ago. The destruction, loss of life and injured is mounting. Families have been torn apart. I read that in one town alone 80% of their population might be lost. After spending two weeks in China to adopt Ella, I fell in love with the Chinese people, their customs and ideals. They are a people who are deeply rooted in family. I owe so much to a country that is allowing us the privilege of raising one of their special little girls. In a world that witnesses so much turmoil on a daily basis, I have a special place in my heart for China and it's orphans. Please join with our family as we pray for the people of Sichuan Providence and for the orphanages that have been effected by this natural disaster. Below is a link to two incredible charities that deal exclusively with Chinese orphans, please visit their site if you are interested in a donation or an update about the situation.

http://www.halfthesky.org/journal/?p=88

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We were just watching the the China station, CCTV, and they were showing the devastation. How horrible! I wish I could go help!!! What a huge traumatic event, we are praying!