Monday, April 7, 2008

No Nap Momma



I rarely give Ella a nap because she is 4 1/2 and the whole nap thing messes up her sleeping schedule. Ella has been behind on her sleep-we were out late Friday and Saturday nights so she went to bed way past her bedtime and got up the next morning at her regular time. Sleep deprivation has set in. This afternoon, I was done...I broke down and put Ella on her bed and told her to go to bed. She was confused about why she was going to bed in the middle of the day. She lasted about 2 minutes before getting off her bed. I told her that she needed to go "night night" and she immediately started to cry. Broken hearted cry. Ella told me "No Night Night Momma-No Night Night Momma, Ella play with Momma." Since my mother instincts tell me that she needs sleep, I put her back into bed and told her not to move and to close her eyes and take a nap, although I almost caved and let her stay with me. Not even 60 seconds later, she was out-sleeping like a baby. Yes, I know that she is going to be up later tonight, but what do I care-I will be at Traffic School until 10 p.m.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey, this looks really good. Sometimes I have to fight with Emily to keep her from napping.

You are in traffic school? I can't remember the story but it seems vaguely familiar.
Rhonda

Michelle said...

What a precious angel. I finally updated my blog tonight, and thought I would check yours. What a cute blog... and Ella looks precious!